Title: Senior Business Development Manager Microsoft & Channel Partnerships
Role: Permanent Full-time
Department: Microsoft & Retail Channel Business
Start date: ASAP
Retalon is a provider of advanced analytics and AI for Retail. CIO Review has identified Retalon as one of the “Most Promising Retail Technology Companies”. We believe that retailers should be able to optimize and scale their business using AI without needing to hire a Ph.D. in data science. Our solutions solve complex problems in Merchandise and Assortment Planning, Inventory Management and Pricing and Promotion Optimization. All our solutions stem from one unified analytics platform. Retalon was the first and still is the only company that offers a completely integrated solution for retailers and distributors that seamlessly integrates with any ERP or OMS. Retalon’s new strategic partnership and technology integration to Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers a unique value proposition for retailers and distributors. Our 100% in-house professional services, technical support, and analytics teams ensure that solution implementations are efficient and deliver expected business results.
We are growing and building exciting technology! We have customers and partners in a dozen retail verticals and across three continents. Do you want to join our family? We are looking for people who love doing things for the first time, have a passion for building the most advanced and accurate predictive engine, and love learning new things and sharing their ideas. We have aggressive growth plans and welcome individuals with similar drive and determination.
About the role:
Reporting to the Vice President, Microsoft Partnership, Channels & Business Development, the Senior Business Development Manager serves as one of the main points of business contact between Retalon, our Microsoft partnership, their sales and their ecosystem of retail channel partners. The Senior Business Development Manager is in charge of and mainly focused on developing & nurturing relationships and developing new business opportunities with the Microsoft seller, technical specialist and assigned Retalon channel partners.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for creating a pipeline of retail & CPG opportunities with Microsoft & their Channel partners on a quarterly basis.
The Senior Business Development Manager will have daily & weekly in-person/online meetings & account prospect planning sessions with Microsoft & their Channel partners and supported by Retalon’s Pre-Sales & Professional Services teams.
- Establish and nurture relationships with Microsoft Sellers, Technical Specialists, Industry Advisors and Retalon channel partners
- Understand and communicate the unique value proposition of Retalon and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Create a pipeline of opportunities with Microsoft in assigned regions on a quarterly basis
- Establish and nurture relationships with assigned Retalon channel sellers and D365 specialists/consultants
- Communicate to key Retalon staff the unique value proposition of the Retalon Channel Partner
- Create a pipeline of opportunities with assigned Retalon Channel Partners
- Leverage your existing retailer and CPG relationships to grow the Retalon business
- Assist as needed with various demand generation activities such as trade events including NRF and regional retail/CPG events
You’re a fit for this role if you:
- Have passion & experience in the retail & the analytics market
- Have experience and relationships with Microsoft and retail channel partners in the US & Canada
- Have experience using a strategic account planning process to win business
- Have experience using a CRM to manage sales opportunities
- Have experience with SaaS and complex solution selling
- Have a business development mindset to close opportunities & gain trust with Microsoft and Retalon Channel partners
- Have existing retailer and CPG relationships
Soft Skills that would make you an ideal candidate:
- Detail Oriented
- Passionate Communicator
- Enthusiastic & Empathetic
- Accountable, responsible and able to take ownership
Nice to have skills:
- Miller Heiman Strategic Selling or equivalent
What’s in it for you:
- Work with an innovative team that aims to disrupt retail analytics
- Become a part of a team of creative people who constantly learn from each other
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for career advancement
Diversity and Inclusion:
Retalon is an inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplace. We provide an equitable, open, and positive environment where all individuals are welcome. If you require accommodation throughout any part of the hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
We build cutting-edge AI that solves real problems in retail. Our team is growing, and we’re looking for people who love building smart technology, learning, and expanding their minds.