Title: Marketing Specialist
Role: Permanent Full-time
Start date: ASAP
Retalon is a provider of advanced analytics and AI for Retail. CIO Review has identified Retalon as one of the “Most Promising Retail Technology Companies”. We believe that retailers should be able to optimize and scale their business using AI without needing to hire a PhD in data science. Our solutions solve complex problems in Merchandise and Assortment Planning, Inventory Management and Pricing and Promotion Optimization. All our solutions stem from one unified analytics platform. Retalon was the first and still is the only company that offers a completely integrated solution for retailers and distributors that seamlessly integrates with any ERP or OMS. Our 100% in-house professional services, technical support, and analytics teams ensure that solution implementations are efficient and deliver expected business results.
We are growing and building exciting technology! We have customers in a dozen retail verticals and across three continents. Do you want to join our family? We are looking for people, who love doing things for the first time, have a passion for building the most advanced and accurate predictive engine around, and who love learning new things and sharing their ideas. We have aggressive growth plans and welcome individuals with similar drive and determination.
About the role:
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist helps Retalon plan, build, execute, and report on marketing initiatives. The Marketing Specialist is accountable for the performance of one or more channels (SEO, PPC, social advertising, email, outbound, media, or events), and is responsible for optimizing existing campaigns and launching new ones.
Marketing Specialists have daily marketing standups, weekly KPI and campaign reviews, and bi-weekly sprint planning meetings.
You are a fit if:
You are highly analytical and process driven. Numbers are your second language, and spreadsheets are your best friend. If you don’t know any yet, you’re eager to learn a bit of HTML and CSS. You detest busy work, and you always strive to understand the “why” of what you’re doing. You are dependable, self-motivating, and transparent. You’re coachable, and you can take constructive criticism. Moreover, you’re comfortable with healthy conflict, and don’t shy away from difficult conversations (especially if it is the right thing to do).
- Monitor and analyze marketing campaign performance
- Find optimization opportunities to drive bottom-line results and execute
- Take ownership of channel marketing KPIs (Total Leads, CPL, Clicks, Impressions, etc.) and work with team to exceed goals
- Create bi-weekly reports to review with leadership
- Plan and execute quarterly projects (“Rocks”) independently
- Handle technical implementation for channel campaigns (ad campaign setups, tracking implementation, automation)
- Build and optimize landing pages for channel campaigns (creating and publishing pages on WordPress, creating forms, etc.)
- Keep CRM and marketing automation clean, update contacts with relevant info, remove irrelevant contacts, etc.
- Assist Content Manager with planning, outline creation, and editorial tasks
- Assist Digital Marketer with email campaigns, site optimizations, and research
- Assist VP with report creation, decks, presentations, and research
You’re a fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years in marketing, communications, or operations
- Experience with SEO (keyword research, search intent, optimization)
- Experience with WordPress, creating, editing, and publishing pages and posts
- Experience with advertising platforms (especially Google Ads and LinkedIn)
- Experience with copywriting and content marketing
Soft Skills that would make you an ideal candidate:
- Great communication, facilitation, and documentation skills
- Systematic thinker and problem solver
- Fast learner with an analytical mindset
- Enthusiastic & Empathetic
- Accountable, responsible and able to perform under pressure
Nice to have skills:
- Retail operations / management experience: Inventory management, planning, pricing
- Deep understanding of target industries (fashion, furniture, jewelry, specialty, sports, or consumer electronics)
- SaaS or technology experience
What’s in it for you:
- Work with a driven, high-performance marketing team
- Help scale an award-winning, industry-changing technology company
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for career advancement