Title: Senior Retail Consultant
Role: Permanent Full-time
Department: Professional Services
Start date: ASAP
Retalon is a provider of advanced analytics and AI for Retail. CIO Review has identified Retalon as one of the “Most Promising Retail Technology Companies”. We believe that retailers should be able to optimize and scale their business using AI without needing to hire a PhD in data science. Our solutions solve complex problems in Merchandise and Assortment Planning, Inventory Management and Pricing and Promotion Optimization. All our solutions stem from one unified analytics platform. Retalon was the first and still is the only company that offers a completely integrated solution for retailers and distributors that seamlessly integrates with any ERP or OMS. Our 100% in-house professional services, technical support, and analytics teams ensure that solution implementations are efficient and deliver expected business results.
We are growing and building exciting technology! We have customers in a dozen retail verticals and across three continents. Do you want to join our family? We are looking for people, who love doing things for the first time, have a passion for building the most advanced and accurate predictive engine around, and who love learning new things and sharing their ideas. We have aggressive growth plans and welcome individuals with similar drive and determination.
About the role:
Reporting to the Vice President of Professional Services, the Senior Retail Consultant serves as one of the main points of business contact between Retalon and customers. The Senior Consultant is in charge of and mainly focused on a few customer accounts.
Senior Consultants are responsible for the timely and quality delivery of customer projects and tasks and are supported by other Retalon Retail and Analytics Consultants. They provide input to Project and Sprint Managers on activity prioritization.
Senior Consultants have periodic meetings and call with their assigned customers and with other Retalon staff serving their customers including Account Managers, Technical Leads and Project Managers.
- Establish credible relationships with customer
- Monitor customer use of the Retalon solution and identify business and solution issues and opportunities
- Prepare/facilitate requirement gathering communication with customers
- Document customer-specific use and test cases
- Document pre-implementation customer/user workflows and design post-implementation workflows
- Perform fit-gap analyses
- Document customer functional requirements
- Document JIRA tasks and completion criteria
- Support development team with understanding/interpreting customer requirements
- Configure workbooks and retail business rules in Retalon system
- Prepare required materials, such as training documentation, updates to the online user guide, UAT scripts
- Support customer during UAT
- Escalate solution and project issues to VP of Consulting, Project Managers or Support as required
- Assist Project Managers with project issues, risks and planning and assist with identifying remediations and mitigations options
- Assist Sprint Manager with task prioritization
- Lead/assist with the resolution of support issues reported by customers
- Assist with functional testing of new Retalon solutions or features in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team
You’re a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience in the retail space: Inventory management, planning, pricing
- Have experiences in business analysis techniques, such as eliciting requirements, workshops, process modelling, system or document analysis, and gap analysis.
- Have experience documenting user requirements, detailed process/program workflow diagrams, enhancement requests and repeatable bugs, and/or decomposing Features into prioritized, sprint-ready user stories for a specific product or module.
- Have experience in an agile software development environment, preferably Software as a service (SaaS), with a strong understanding of the software development life cycle
Soft Skills that would make you an ideal candidate:
- Great communication, facilitation, and documentation skills
- Systematic thinker and problem solver
- Fast learner with an analytical mindset
- Enthusiastic & Empathetic
- Accountable, responsible and able to perform under pressure
Nice to have skills:
- Mathematics background
- Experience with Jira
What’s in it for you:
- Work with an innovative team that aims to disrupt retail analytics
- Become a part of a team of creative people who constantly learn from each other
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for career advancement